Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bull Pen ??????

May 27, 2017 02:09PM
Ok it's the end of May - and I'm watching the game. Here is the problem - going into the season we had concerns about the starting rotation which are still there. This week we have seen some pretty cool starting pitching - actually 3 games taking a scoreless streak into the 8th inning. Last Tank whiffed 13 K had his strongest game and shutout in tact when Joe removed him with a runner on 1st. Bringing in Tyler Clippard thought it would be ok = but that proverbial hiccup. When that runner was thrown out at the plate 5-2, I thought ok that took Tanaka off the hook - sadly that's not how it reads - since he was erased on a FC, the new base runner goes on tank's record when he scored.
The bull pen has struggled this week since Chap went on the DL - the combined ERA is up in the 3 run neighborhood. Not sure what the problem is - over work or just working out of sequence as everyone moved up a notch. Warren, Clippard, Holder - are most notable for giving up runs this week - their normal control seems suspect. Good news though Chap has started throwing so return to his closer role might not be too far off. Just thought I would rant a bit - after an visit from the soon-to-be newlyweds (five weeks from today).
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bull Pen ??????

toga1151May 27, 2017 02:09PM

Re: Bull Pen ??????

Hitman23740May 27, 2017 02:35PM

toga645May 27, 2017 05:04PM

Hitman23602May 27, 2017 06:29PM

toga630May 27, 2017 08:31PM