Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Might Burst My Bubble

December 03, 2019 04:53PM
According to Michael Kay )I think he said) Jon Heyman is reporting that the Zack Wheeler bidding has reached the $million mark and still going. What will that bode for the really outstanding starters of Cole & Strasbery??? Will the Yankees be priced out as they adhere to set guide lines? Should that become the case, there will be outcries from fans. Before you scream for Cashman's head or Hal to sell the team - think back. George would just pay out & pay out whcih put players in line to win those 4/5 titles, but at what expense. We paid the price of over priced, lengthy contracts of the late 70;s and then again late 90;s. With the luxury tax and draft penalties for going way over budget, Hal & Brian are going to consider what is in the best interst of the team long range.

I renember when it was announced each year how much the Yankees had to pay in luxury tax for going full out in FA market, screaming or seething because we were putting money in the owners' pockets of small market teams. Money they should have reinvested in their team by going for better players, Most of the teams making those outlandish offers haven't been affected by those taxes yet They reaped the rewards with the free-spending of Georg. Now they are in the position to over spend - let's see what happens and which teams go over the limit - there are actually three levels of the tax. Maybe because I'm older and have seen so much in baseball before and after FA, I can understand the thinking behind some of the unpopular decisions . Okay so I'm venting a little bit before it becomes an issue -
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Might Burst My Bubble

toga474December 03, 2019 04:53PM

Re: Might Burst My Bubble

Hitman23274December 03, 2019 08:36PM