Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rambling Thoughts on Travel Day

September 26, 2019 08:59AM
Three more games and 2019 regular season comes to an end - this time next week we will be anticipating the ALDS. I'm not known to panic with a couple of losses - but as they say timing is everything. It's the team going into the playoffs hot that is given an edge. For most of the season maybe one or two players would struggle - but the next-man-up philosphy got us to the playoffs - ALE title. I watached last night - the tune of You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me kept running through my head with the words 'you picked a fine time to go into a slump with the playoffs just ahead'. Morton was outstanding with pinpoint control - but not just last but in recent games we've seen Torres, Ursela, Didi, look lost at the plate; Stanton & Judge striking out I get used to as the 'ou're paid to hit home runs' edict takes over MLB - but clutch hits are still going to be needed with risp. Wade hits well one night and nothing the next but he is giving us clutch D both in the outifeld & infield- giving Maybin, Gardner, Torres, or Didi a night off - and his speed as a pinch runner will be an asset. Voit seems lost - Seems that Marcus & PJ need to reaffirm the batting zone for most of the lineup.
Maybe it was the Trop or perhaps taking his struggles with the bat to the plate, Gleyber is usually more proficient with the glove - a judgmental error (losing the ball in the roof) and throwing wildly to Voit. Even DJ's bat has somewhat cooled off - we have three games plus five days to pull it together and go into the playoffs with strength, determination to play solid baseball with our next goal in sight.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rambling Thoughts on Travel Day

toga613September 26, 2019 08:59AM

Re: Things Could Get Worse

toga326September 26, 2019 05:18PM

Re: Things Could Get Worse

Hitman23329September 26, 2019 06:37PM

Dodgers won 1-0!!!!

Hitman23326September 26, 2019 08:24PM

Re: Dodgers won 1-0!!!!

toga319September 26, 2019 09:19PM