Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: This bullpen has been overtaxed and abused!

July 24, 2019 08:45AM
cut Domingo some slack - this is really his first full season as a starter; he wasn't even supposed to make the rotation until Sevy't injury(ies). Nearing his season innings high - To finish the season maybe Sabathia should be used with an opener. Paxton & Happ just need to get it together - IF Cash can make a deal for another quality starter (someone who can give us innings & keep the game close) without mortgaging the future - look how many from S/WB stepped during April-June when major injuries hit the starting lineup - then do it. Otherwise I can see him loading the bull pen. We have a solid pen now BUT they can't pitch every day especially in tight situations without cracking or breaking.
FYI there will probably not be another reliever/closer with the durability of Mariano.If anyone is a veteran of TYB, you might remember something I said: there are only so many pitches in an arm; so many throws for fielders; legs & backs will only last for so long. For CC a huge toll on his arm was those months in Milwaukee before FA & coming to the Yankees. For Chapman his over use by the Cubs in their WS championship might finally be catching up. Sorry guess I got a bit philosophical after wrapping one last (for now) Christmas present. eye rolling smileydrinking smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I think it’s time to say so long to the Cuban Missile.

PRYanksFan698July 24, 2019 12:50AM

Re: I think it’s time to say so long to the Cuban Missile.

toga344July 24, 2019 06:07AM

This bullpen has been overtaxed and abused!

Hitman23319July 24, 2019 08:08AM

Re: This bullpen has been overtaxed and abused!

toga331July 24, 2019 08:45AM