Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thoughts on a Boring Day

January 28, 2019 11:56AM
Been watching the '98 Yankees -remember them, pretty good record smiling bouncing smiley They didn't have a team of power guys who struck out more than they hit. That was team where each player contributed and helped the team. As we prepare for the 2019 team, I wonder what they will bring to the plate. Of course, it all depends on everyone staying healthy; the bench & those called up or picked up during the season doing their part. What sparked this is the discussions the past several years about either getting Harper (which pretty much went out the window with the trade for Stanton) then Machado over the winter. I know people who think just because Cash didn't pursue either one very hard he slacked off. Well I'm with Cash & the Yankee brass - the demands by the agents is question have been rejected with just three weeks before training camps open and neither player has a deal in place. Last year was the first in a long time that the Yankees came under the salary and didn't have to pay the prohibitive tax; so far 2019 could make in two in a row. Honestly while Stanton kept the team in contention while Judge was on the DL last year come the end of that contract Yankee fans will be complaining in the same way they did with Alex and we still do with Ellsbury. Not offering 10 year contracts is in the best overall interest of the team. Remember all the dead weight money we used to have on the books - let's keep it off so when Judge, Severino, Sanchez, Gleyber, Miguel - the new corps is ready we will be in a position to keep them - We need a team to
produce/manufacture runs not just power the ball; a team that works together & supports each other - that's why Toe is missed. The only player I was hoping to get that Cash didn't seem interested in was Merwin Gonzalez - thinking maybe it's a case where the agent is still looking for a lucrative contract. Just like the last 68 years, I go into the season expecting another ring. The only difference is now with all the changes that have taken place in how the game is played - I expect every player to do his best and not slack off - that's what upsets me. I might rant and rave during the season but sure am looking forward to seeing the Yankees 2019 version in action. Let's go for #28.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Thoughts on a Boring Day

toga803January 28, 2019 11:56AM

Re: Thoughts on a Boring Day

Hitman23391January 28, 2019 01:52PM