October 17, 2018 09:20PM
Hello all,

I have what might seem like a ridiculous question for the board but since you are all in the US(I'm assuming this) I wanted to ask you about the TBS coverage of the Red Sox and Astros series. I am getting the TBS feed carried in Canada by Sports Net so this might be something that is happening with the Sportsnet broadcast. The TBS announcers are fine. Brian Anderson and Ron Darling seem to be okay doing the broadcast. I don't have any issues with them.

My question is this...are you all seeing the pitch speed on screen after most every pitch? or maybe it's just me up here in Canada because I am not seeing it at allangry smiley on the TBS feed that I am watching

It is driving me crazy to watch the YES broadcaststhumbs up(and others on rare occasions) all season long where the on screen graphics are what I am used tothumbs up and they include the pitch speed if not on every pitch then on most of themthumbs up.

Now the "networks" take over for the playoffs and on the TBS broadcast I am not seeing the pitch speed appearing anywhere on screensad smiley What is this, amateur hourthumbs downeye rolling smiley?

I think on FS1 in the NLCS they show the pitch speed in the permanent, on-screen scoreboard where YES does so at least it is happening on that feed. I am used to seeing the strike zone graphics on every or on a lot of pitches throughout the game but the TBS broadcast I am very disappointed in. No pitch speed or strike zone graphics at allthumbs downangry smileysad smileyeye rolling smiley

I hope someone can confirm for me that it is simply the TBS broadcast that is not doing this regardless of where one is watching the playoffs.

Very frustratingangry smileyeye rolling smileysad smiley

Gator
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TBS coverage of ALCS question for y'all

Gator973October 17, 2018 09:20PM

Re: TBS coverage of ALCS question for y'all

Hitman23485October 17, 2018 11:27PM

Gator532October 18, 2018 01:20AM

LLYANK56485October 18, 2018 07:59AM