October 08, 2018 08:32AM
Thought about this Saturday when Voit was called out at second by Chelsea crew overturning the call on the field = except for the Sux I doubt anyone else thought there was enough to clearly make a difference - granted it became moot when Smashchez creamed one out of Funkway. Set me to wondering then and again this morning when I read the headlines tennis judges had been fired for making calls that 'threw matches' in favor of bookies/gamblers. I remember the former commissioner once saying there were enough Yankees in Cooperstown- we didn't need more.
This little brain begins turning its diabolical mechanizations and comes up with this idea. Instant replay is supposed to speed up the game (stop all the manager-umpires arguments smiling bouncing smiley but often those calls actually take longer than necessary. Now imagine if between the field umpires and the Chelsea crew, MLB offices sent the word they wanted certain results from which team wins to form the best revenue gains or just to prevent certain teams from advancing or maybe just to extend certain series for viewer ratings. We have seen during the season and now in the playoffs television networks determine when each game will start to max ratings - notice that the Yankee/ Red Sux are always the primetime (7 - 8) coverage - used to be they would flip flop so that certain hometown fans & even kids might have a chance to attend. Seems like in every phase of life money/greed has become the determining factor.
Of course there might not be any validity but hey it's called free speech and just expressing some random thoughts on a dreary day & hoping the weather in the Bronx is better than Upstate NY. smileys with beer
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rainy Day Thoughts

toga772October 08, 2018 08:32AM

Re: Rainy Day Thoughts

unclekevin494October 08, 2018 01:21PM

Re: Rainy Day Thoughts

toga475October 08, 2018 02:28PM