Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A big mystery question for all.

September 25, 2018 07:38AM
Who really know? There is no pat answer. Maybe he was too successful/dominate too quick. The first injury last in 2017 set him back a little - he put on too much weight then lost it over the past off season. Maybe he lost muscle tone as well leading to the groin injuries that sidelined him. Then there was Joe G trying to straighten him out & he either didn't or wouldn't listen so Joe 'embarrassed' him - leading to Joe's departure. Then for the batting - pitchers made the adjustment to him and he didn't readjust. Getting off a slow start, hampered by the groin injuries now as Paul said hitting that home run might have been the worst thing - he's trying to hit every ball into the left field seats instead of just relaxing and going with the pitch and taking those singles right/right center. We also have to remember for a catcher his frame is taller, his legs longer than even Ro's. There are so many factors and as Boone says Gary is working his butt off trying to fix it all - but other players have said that one of the hardest things is to correct during the season because you're trying to prepare for each game. Gary just has to continue to work hard during the off season to come back strong in 2019.
Watching last night all but one pitcher had confidence in throwing to him - until he proves otherwise, I think Gray doesn't like Gary. We saw earlier that he considered Ro his personal catcher. When that finally caught up with him & he was sent to the pen, it meant he would have to throw to Gary coming out of the pen. It wouldn't be hard to mess up a pitch by not throwing what the catcher called for - sorry Gray is on my $h!+ list. Ok so I've ranted & expressed some ideas - now all we can do is see how far we can go in the playoffs with Gary #1 catcher and hope that he focuses on honing those skills back to where he can be.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A big mystery question for all.

PRYanksFan813September 24, 2018 07:55PM

Re: A big mystery question for all.

toga408September 25, 2018 07:38AM