Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Final 3 Series

September 21, 2018 01:22PM
Time waits for no one - it passes in the blink of an eye. Thought maybe it was just because I getting older - this is why I keep saying to enjoy the highs. In the first 152 games we've seen a lot of positives - sure it hasn't all been roses & whipped cream - but like Dr. Jeter told young Derek enjoy the moment- well he store a lot of them to reflect back on now in his retirement. Did you notice how Justus stood on the gate Thursday before running to the mound - taking in the aura of Yankee Stadium as he made he debut. We watched the successes of Miguel & Gley as they made their mark claiming third & 2nd/ss positions every day. We watched Jordy's season-ending injury, just one to the starting rotation, - now every game I look for his face in the dugout encouraging his teammates. We watched Sevy has a CY 1st half then topsy turvy following the AS break. We suffered injuries to Sanchez & Judge. Cash made some great pickups at trade deadlines that have contributed. McCutchen has a super obp while Voit is tattooing the ball consistently - 10 jacks since donning pinstripes to become the 12th Yankee with 10 an MLB record, #246 for the team - club record. No idea how the next 10 games will unroll let alone post season - but it's so much easier to embrace the high points. Oh the losses will always hurt along with seeing ineptitude from coaching staff; inconsistencies from players; shoddy D; bad abs - well you get the message - take it from this Yankee fan of 67 years, savor the good times while you can makes it a little easier to absorb the lows - the struggles after '64 until '76-'78 but it didn't really begin to turn around until '94
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Final 3 Series

toga810September 21, 2018 08:35AM

Hitman23467September 21, 2018 09:13AM

toga398September 21, 2018 01:22PM

unclekevin488September 21, 2018 04:07PM