September 06, 2018 06:27PM
Congrats on your granddaughters' 25th. My oldest grandson just celebrated his 10th. I agree, off days give us a chance to reflect on this season so far. Even though our pitching has been a little shaky recently, I'm getting more concerned with our lack of timely hitting. Maybe Judge and Didi being out has taken a toll on it, but we still have seven other "professionals" in this lineup that should be able to take up the slack if they could get rid of the HR or nothing mentality. There have been a few times these past few weeks that instead of a homer, a simple base hit with the runners in scoring position could've done wonders. And I can't understand for the life of me why our guys are afraid of swinging at a curveball, and go the other way with it, especially with all the extreme shifts that are put on. I mean Pete Rose and Rod Carew would've had a field day hitting against these shifts, but it seems our guys are all about pulling, lifting and separating. The few exceptions are Torres, Stanton, and even Voit on occasion. But the rest are trying to yank everything. I feel badly for our pitchers that pitch their tails off like Happ, Tanaka, and CC to some extent that end up with no decisions, because we can't manufacture a run or two for them when we have the chance. As for our pitching woes with Luis, I've thought for a couple of years now that Larry Rothchild has run his course as our pitching coach. I think we need to get someone younger who can relate to some of our younger hurlers like Seve and Montgomery and that kid Loiasiga. To me it seems Rothchild wait a little too long before jogging out of the dugout when our guys get into a jam. Sometimes all it takes is a quick word to calm a guy down and get him to concentrate. Usually by the time Larry gets out there they've already scored two or three runs. Someone like Mike Mussina would make an excellent pitching coach or even Andy Pettitte. I'm sure there are others. Anyway enjoy the day off and hope they can go into Seattle on a fresh breather.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Travel Day Boredom

toga810September 06, 2018 01:48PM

Re: Travel Day Boredom

Hitman23490September 06, 2018 02:49PM

PRYanksFan537September 06, 2018 06:27PM

toga475September 07, 2018 07:03AM