September 06, 2018 01:48PM
One thing with retirement and no Yankee games - time to think while waiting to celebrate my granddaughter's 25th. There are a lot of things to discuss: all the injuries; the losses; the pitching; the errors mental and physical. But right now thoughts and concerns are focused on Louis Severino. Before the AS break he dominated every game, could throw his 99mph heater even in the 9th inning; 105 -115 pitches every game; after the break, 10 games of mediocre pitching, not dominating though still can throw with velocity but doesn't seem to have the same control. Is it a mechanical problem? Then why since he goes over tapes after each game or Larry Rothchild is the pitching coach, Harkey (former MLB pitcher) - why in almost 2 months haven't they been able to discover it?? Severino says he's fine but has all those first half pitches, too many heaters taken a toll on his shoulder. Let's not lose sight of the fact two seasons or was it three he was in the bull pen after a horrid start. He got straightened out & came back last year to work his way to the #1 starter. Maybe I'm overly concerned but with all the injuries and watching so many pitchers who have torn muscles, sore shoulders, tired arms etc. - besides I go back to a time players would play through injuries because they didn't get paid otherwise & there was also someone ready to take their place - a whole lot fewer players made it to the majors when they only had 16 teams. With only 24 days left in the season, we might not have an answer until the Yankees final game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Travel Day Boredom

toga805September 06, 2018 01:48PM

Re: Travel Day Boredom

Hitman23487September 06, 2018 02:49PM

PRYanksFan535September 06, 2018 06:27PM

toga473September 07, 2018 07:03AM