Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

There is no excuse for a LACK of hustle.

July 24, 2018 09:08AM
1. Severino gave his best "effort" last night, even if it wasn't his best performance. It happens.

2. As for Didi's bunt with Stanton on deck, one could argue it wasn't the best move, but with the bass loaded and Hicks up (followed by LAZY Sanchez), all the Yanks needed was a sac fly. He grounded out to 3rd. It happens.

3. As hot as Stanton is, he might not have gotten the job done either, plus Didi could've made an out if he was swinging away.

4. But there is NO EXCUSE for LAZY Sanchez to gingerly jog to the past ball in the 1st inning, allowing the runner to score from 2nd base! Also, it seems that he thinks because he pulled a groin earlier in the season that he is allowed to "trot" to 1st base instead of running it out. Well, it cost them last night. I heard in last night's post game or on SNY that it took him over five seconds to reach 1st base in the 9th inning.... Over five seconds!! They also said he his average speed to 1st base this year is a full second less!!

Now I hate to see the Yankees lose, and I realize they're not going to win every single game. Sometimes the other team will be the better team that day or night. However, I can not stomach extreme lackadaisical effort like I witnessed by LAZY Sanchez last night. If the runner in the 1st inning only advanced to 3rd base and then scored on a base hit after that, I wouldn't have had a problem with it. If Gary sprinted to 1st base in the 9th inning last night, and was still out by half a step, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But to see him run the slowest of trots to 1st base, only to pick up his pace after realizing Hicks made it to 2nd base safely, is an absolute DISGRACE!!!!!

On a positive note: Maybe... Just maybe. This will wake Sanchez up and he will realize that he has to give it 100% on every play that he is involved in. And if he doesn't?? Well, maybe this is why the Yankees drafted two catchers in the first two rounds of this year's draft.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Baseball is a TEAM sport

toga821July 24, 2018 07:15AM

There is no excuse for a LACK of hustle.

Hitman23473July 24, 2018 09:08AM

Re: There is no excuse for a LACK of hustle.

unclekevin502July 24, 2018 11:16AM

Re: There is no excuse for a LACK of hustle.

PRYanksFan442July 24, 2018 04:07PM