Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baseball is a TEAM sport

July 24, 2018 07:15AM
No excuses for anyone - but watching everyone single out Gary Sanchez for the loss, nope. His lazy actions have been well documents by every sportswriter on twitter and on this site. So let's go to some others. Start with our Ace, Luis Severino. He pitched without his good slider, gave up more home runs in his last 3 games than all other starts combined. When the Yankees closed to within 1 run in the top of 6th - why didn't Boone go to the pen to start the bottom of the 6th instead of waiting for Severino to get in more trouble. In the 9th why have Didi bunt - sure it worked and moved the runners into scoring position with ONE OUT. Naturally the Rays automatically WALK Stanton - that bunt took the bat out of the hot hands of Stanton. Why not let Did put wood to the ball? Hicks has been in a slump of late - looks lost at the plate. Oh sure he hit the ball right to the 3rd baseman who easily threw to the plate nailing Gardner instead of going for the DP. If I watch ENCORE with a calmer mindset, I will probably pick up more instances earlier in the game - we shouldn't have been in that position in the 9th. FWIW I'm not going to argue anything - it was a loss that should never have taken place. It did and now this team has got to regroup, regain its unity of purpose and start winning.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Baseball is a TEAM sport

toga819July 24, 2018 07:15AM

There is no excuse for a LACK of hustle.

Hitman23472July 24, 2018 09:08AM

Re: There is no excuse for a LACK of hustle.

unclekevin501July 24, 2018 11:16AM

Re: There is no excuse for a LACK of hustle.

PRYanksFan439July 24, 2018 04:07PM