Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The best way to react to the Yankees’ early disturbing signs

April 06, 2018 10:49AM
My thoughts on the first week - starting pitchers don't get stretched out in ST to reach that 100 pitch count in a game - so they have to do that during the first month of the season which taxes the bull pen especially in the first weeks. How much of that inflation belongs to Dellin Betances who is struggling with self-confidence??? Now last night I watched Tanaka breeze along but saw signs of fatigue after around 70 pitches but he was still brought out to start the 7th in 1-0 game. Aaron Boone is managing for the first time and supposedly has been delegated a coaching staff to help him. Larry Rothchild is that pitching coach - we saw in ST where neither he nor Harkness advised Boone to get a RP warming to replace Betances. Thought he was at fault the last few years where Joe G was taking the hit for leaving the starter in. Wonder if things could have been different had Green come in to start the inning rather than with runners on - compounding starting the 7th with Tanaka was not taking him out after Jones went long. Not making excuses just stating this fact because it affects both teams - in the cold weather the feel of the ball is effected. If a pitcher doesn't have the right feel location & velocity are going to be off. I'll give it another week or so but unless Rothchild starts doing his job, I think it should be his job on the line not Aaron's (not yet anyway giving him the benefit of adjusting).
I'm not going to rant about the hitting & K's - just that Walker, Drury, Austin & Wade need to stay in their comfort zone and not swing for the fence. Home runs will come for all especially IF the air heats up for better carry.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The best way to react to the Yankees’ early disturbing signs

Hitman231066April 06, 2018 09:46AM

toga582April 06, 2018 10:49AM

unclekevin618April 06, 2018 04:46PM

Hitman23643April 07, 2018 01:17AM

Giambino578April 07, 2018 07:02AM