Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Number Crunch 2016 Backfired

October 09, 2018 08:25AM
Remember Nasty Nate from the 2016 Yankees - the roller coaster ride when he pitched but when that slider was working, he was downright down & dirty. The end of the season he had the tear that required TJ in the off season. Roster moves to protect some youngsters from draft exposure saw the Yankees release him - at the time I don't think they really expected any team to pick him up BUT Tampa took that chance. That scared me just knowing his potential - fast forward through the surgery & rehab a few other issues he had and finally he makes his comeback with the Rays in 2018. When the rumors circulated he was trade bait, I was hoping right there the Yankees would bring Nate back - instead we get Lynn & Happ. The Sux counter by dealing for Nate - we watched him dominated especially our power hitters for 16 scoreless innings down the stretch. No anomaly what took place on his part last night - the problem was the lack of communication to get Severino down there for his warm ups. Normally 20-30 minutes he had to condense to a 10 minute program. He might be a professional with experience but this is the playoffs even as a fan I keep getting screwed up with start times - one game at 7:40 the next 8:10 to accommodate the networks. I place the blame for this squarely on Larry Rothchild - one more reason he needs to be gone November 1st. He has not done his job - is getting to old to handle the young arms; losing his touch - whatever the reason I said this for the last couple of years he needs to be gone. Heck let David Cone or CC or both coach the pitchers - those guys have the tools to work & inspire the current staff and youngsters coming up. That's my rant for this morning - Now to calm down and wait for 7 no wait because there are NO OTHER GAMES it's 8 start time. Why consider fans who have to work tomorrow or kids who have to get up for school - just worry about $$$ greedy networks & the idiots in the Commish Office.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Number Crunch 2016 Backfired

toga936October 09, 2018 08:25AM

Re: Number Crunch 2016 Backfired

PRYanksFan521October 09, 2018 09:47PM

toga441October 10, 2018 07:25AM

unclekevin509October 10, 2018 07:31AM

PRYanksFan483October 10, 2018 02:15PM