Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Young girl struck by foul line drive at Yankee Stadium. Could lead to more protective netting.

September 22, 2017 03:58AM
Gator
I think the netting needs to cover more of the areas where fans are at the greatest risk. It may be slightly intrusive from a viewing perspective but in the interest of safety some upgrades and changes need to be made...IMHO and I believe that fans will adjust.

I knew something was up by the body language of Frazier and soon after Michael Kay described what had just happened. Seeing Matt Holiday well up was what told me it was not good. That must be agonizing as a player on the field to try to press on and play out the rest of the game when you have just witnessed something so traumatic.Some might say well they have to press on because they are professional ballplayers which is true but it would be hard to shake because they are human beings first.

Here's hoping that the little girl is going to be okay. Good thoughts and my best wishes to her and her family.

I agree... Good post, Gator.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Young girl struck by foul line drive at Yankee Stadium. Could lead to more protective netting.

Hitman231227September 21, 2017 03:00PM

Re: Young girl struck by foul line drive at Yankee Stadium. Could lead to more protective netting.

Gator686September 21, 2017 09:43PM

Hitman23643September 22, 2017 03:58AM

Gator557September 23, 2017 12:37PM

toga519September 24, 2017 06:38AM