Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hurry ST

November 18, 2017 09:37AM
The WS is over, awards have been announced - the off season wait kicks in as the Yankees search for a new manager. In the world of analytics & cyber metrics, managing a baseball team has changed from the days of Casey Stengel, Ralph Houk, Billy Martin, - the mind game between managers matching wits has been replaced by computers & notebooks filled with stats. It was bad enough when shifts started taking hitting lanes but at least the batter was able to lay down a bunt or try to hit away from the shift. Call me old fashion but I loved the human factor in the game- take that away and you could just play it on a computer. Even when an umpire made a wrong call - whether we cheered or booed it - the human element was still there. So as Cash interviews, candidates are then hooked up with media conference call before the field is narrowed for a visit to Tampa and meeting with Hal and a final decision. Should be interesting to see what the computer spits out - maybe that's what they should do and get the quicker result - just feed the info of the viable candidates into a computer and let that be your manager After all that's how they want the team managed plus someone who will be a nursemaid to egos and not hurt a player's feelings. Let's get a manager so we can proceed with filling out the roster for 2018 and have an idea who will be in Tampa come February 15th. Which Baby Bombers will win their way to the Bronx? Who will have a setback following some of those injuries? To get us in the mood YES HOT STOVE will debut with Bob Lorenz, Jack Curry and others on Monday, November 27th at 7 pm ET.
Ok I admit Yankee withdrawal is setting in - even Yankee Classics doesn't cover it. Bring on spring training 2018.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hurry ST

toga734November 18, 2017 09:37AM

Re: Hurry ST

Hitman23443November 18, 2017 10:39AM

Re: Hurry ST

toga417November 19, 2017 05:46AM