Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Managerial Circus

November 10, 2017 04:02PM
Here we are on the cusp of the weekend - almost half of November is gone, GM & Manager contracts for the Yankees expired midnight October 31st and neither position has been filled. Details are allegedly be worked out for Brian's new contract, hopefully that's the case since he is continuing to serve in that capacity and fielding questions & interviewing candidate(s) for the 2018 NYY manager. I put the s in parenthesis because in two weeks only Robbie Thompson has been formerly called in for the interview process. I find it almost funny that both David Cone and John Flaherty has announced their interest in the position. David would make a solid pitching coach, not sure about manager (pitchers don't usually fair well in that post). Flash has no experience but does have the knowledge and could very well succeed as the leader. I'm not thrilled with the prospect of either Aaron Boone or Raul Ibanez - Boone screwed his Yankee career by disregarding the contract playing basketball during the off-season and breaking his leg (led to the debacle of Alex Rodriquez); Ibanez is probably content in his west coast position. Alex would probably be an excellent manager but might not be interested in all the travel and extra hours of work that would be involved. Minor league managers, Josh Paul and Al Pedrique are also names being tossed out there. I'm really surprised at Cashman making the announcement about terminating Joe's services with the Yankees without any idea of the next manager. An open mind is one thing but to have no idea is another - let's get this done soon so we can focus on our 40-man roster for 2018 - there are only two unfilled names though several question marks in the roster/rotation remain.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Managerial Circus

toga894November 10, 2017 04:02PM

Re: Managerial Circus

Hitman23614November 10, 2017 04:14PM

toga540November 10, 2017 04:34PM

Giambino620November 11, 2017 06:58AM

Hitman23593November 11, 2017 11:16PM